Today we are giving away…
A 30-minute Massage
or $25 Gift Certificate
from De Massaggios
A massage is an indulgent luxury. Right?
Maybe not. More and more people are starting to turn to massage as a way to maintain and improve their health in general. There are many benefits to frequent massage, including:
- Increases circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Stimulates the flow of lymph, the body’s natural defense system, against toxic invaders. For example, in breast cancer patients, massage has been shown to increase the cells that fight cancer.
- Increased circulation of blood and lymph systems improves the condition of the body’s largest organ – the skin.
- Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles
- Reduces spasms and cramping
- Increases joint flexibility
- Reduces recovery time, helps prepare for strenuous workouts and eliminates subsequent pains of the athlete at any level.
- Releases endorphins – the body’s natural painkiller – and is being used in chronic illness, injury and recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain.
- Reduces post-surgery adhesions and edema and can be used to reduce and realign scar tissue after healing has occurred.
- Improves range-of-motion and decreases discomfort for patients with low back pain.
- Relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication.
- Provides exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles and reduces shortening of the muscles for those with restricted range of motion.
- Assists with shorter labor for expectant mothers, as well as less need for medication, less depression and anxiety, and shorter hospital stays.
Originally published in Body Sense magazine, Fall 2001.
Copyright 2001. Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals. All rights reserved.
Carrie Lance with De Massaggios has seven years experiences and specializes in deep tissue massage and couples massage. She offers an incredible military discount: $39 for a one-hour full body massage! De Massaggios is located on the Northeast corner of Pikes Peak & Academy, central to all of the military bases.
De Massaggio’s is giving away a 30-minute massage or $25 gift certificate, winner’s choice.
The winner of the 30-minute massage or $25 gift certificate from De Massaggios will be selected using www.Random.org and announced by 8 a.m. tomorrow morning, February 15. Be sure to check if you won; if the prize is not claimed within 23 hours, we will announce a new winner the following day. The winner will not be contacted.
This giveaway is open to residents of the state of Colorado.Enter to win →